About Me

My photo
I'm a student at Indiana Bible college. I have a driven passion and determination for the Gosple and academics. Words that describe me: Unique, random, brainaic, intense, stubborn, otter, book worm, dictionary Homo Sapien, funny, awkward, unintentionally hilarious, impatient, studious, intuitive, poetic, thinker, philosopher.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Courage

If we're growing, we're always going to be out of our comfort zone.

Have you ever had one of those days where you know something that has never happened to you before is going to happen? What do you do? I personally, panic.


To me, new things are like standing on the edge of a cliff. I look down and see nothing but darkness. I toss a rock down into the crevasse, it bumps into a few things on the way down, but I never hear it hit the bottom. I am wearing a parachute, but I'm not sure if  it works or not and the only way for me to get where I'm going is to jump and pull the string. Sheer terror, grabs hold of my soul and begins to torment me with ideas of what might happen if the parachute fails to open. Falling, falling, falling down into a realm of which I am not familiar with...unknown things wait for me at the bottom. Is there a treasure waiting to be discovered? Or is there a hideous, grotesque monster waiting for a snack? Do I remain in the familiar territory or do I plunge into the unknown?



Courage is the ground in which great individuals grow, so if I plan to grow a little I'm going to have to take some chances. Wether it be jumping off a cliff with a parachute or stepping into unfamiliar territory. If courage was easy, all mankind would be brave as lions.

No comments:

Post a Comment