About Me

My photo
I'm a student at Indiana Bible college. I have a driven passion and determination for the Gosple and academics. Words that describe me: Unique, random, brainaic, intense, stubborn, otter, book worm, dictionary Homo Sapien, funny, awkward, unintentionally hilarious, impatient, studious, intuitive, poetic, thinker, philosopher.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Big hands, Little hands

"As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."



"Hold a true friend with both hands."
                              Nigerian Proverb


Call me strange and deranged, but among my many facianations I am facinated with hands.

I have learned that you can tell a lot about people by their hands, by they way they're maintained and shaped.

Merry Grinchmas Long Fingers

Scientifically hands are mechanically construected to the point where, the muscles which power the fingers are strong - strong enough for some people to climb vertical surfaces supporting their entire weight at times by a few fingertips. The muscles which accomplish this feat are stronger than you might imagine, for the biomechanics of the hand require that the force generated by the muscles which bend the fingertips must be at least four times the pressure which is produced at the fingertips.



"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."--Niccolo Machiavelli

My own hands for that matter, are usually scratched up, due to my own clumsiness, and stupidity.
 

I guess some handsare just more hold-able than others.

---Praise Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment