About Me

My photo
I'm a student at Indiana Bible college. I have a driven passion and determination for the Gosple and academics. Words that describe me: Unique, random, brainaic, intense, stubborn, otter, book worm, dictionary Homo Sapien, funny, awkward, unintentionally hilarious, impatient, studious, intuitive, poetic, thinker, philosopher.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Promises, Promises

Promises, we've all made them......but have you ever broken one? I'm not talking about having to break one for an emergency or something like that, I'm referring to the promises broken due to sheer cruelty.




So, what is a promise? In the Dictionary a promise is defined as: a declaration that something will or will not be done, given,etc., by one.
an express assurance on which expectation is to be basedsomething that has the effect of an express assurance;indication of what may be expected.indication of future excellence or achievement
something that is promised.




To me a promise is like signing a contract, a understood agreement between two parties that the said promise will be kept without necessary fail. I always believe that when someone makes a  promise, it will be followed through.



The real question is: How many promises have to be broken before you stop having confidence in the one making promises? How may times will you be subject to the vulnerability of hope? Too many "Maybes" and too many, "Ifs" keep you from reality.



Promises are meant to be kept, and if you can't keep one don't make one. Promises are like babies:  easy to make, hard to deliver. Never take a solemn oath.  People think that you actually mean it.







A promise made is a debt unpaid.  ~Robert Service











But the quote that has me in its claws right now is, "A promise is a comfort for a fool." ~Proverb







Which makes me a fool. I actually believed someone would keep their word to me, but they didn't. Hope is a myth that only exists in the hearts of the weak minded. I'm done trusting people who constantly break their promises, I wish there were some way I could take back the imbecilic nature of hope that I dared to have for a brief moment.......






--Praise Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment