About Me

My photo
I'm a student at Indiana Bible college. I have a driven passion and determination for the Gosple and academics. Words that describe me: Unique, random, brainaic, intense, stubborn, otter, book worm, dictionary Homo Sapien, funny, awkward, unintentionally hilarious, impatient, studious, intuitive, poetic, thinker, philosopher.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Abstract? Absolutely.

As you may or may not know I have decided totry my hand at abstract art. Needless to say, I am enthralled. There are so many things that I want to try and do yet I only have three canvasses at the moment.







As I was shopping for some oil paints, I began to think a bit about abstract art and people in general.
Sometimes abstract art dosen't make sense...it usually takes a while to figure out what the artist is trying to communicate. Sometimes you can't figure it out at all.

For some odd reason this made me think of a time when I was about 12 years old I was at the local art museum at home...and there was an exceedingly odd abstract painting....being curious, I stood in front of it for 10 minutes. I moved close to it, tilted my head to the left, then to the right....I backeed up, squinted my eyes, widened my eyes....I bent over....every position that I forced my body into, That painting looked like only one thing: it looked like a indigo giraffe riding a  periwinkle bicycle while eating a black bananna.
Fortunately, the artist was nearby and he said that it was a windmill up close.

I do believe that there are people like this, you try to look at them form every single angle that you see possible....and some times you don't get them (I am probably one of these people). Some times you have to ask the artist a few questions, he might answer you or let you try to figure it out on your own. It usually takes a great deal of time to figure out the typical, "Abstract person." Once you do figure out a little about them, you never look at them the same again. With this new perspective, you begin to notice details that you never noticed before, those new found details draw you deeper and deeper into the abstract way of thinking shown on canvass.

By the way the word: Abstract means:


not concrete: not relating to concrete objects but expressing something that can only be appreciated intellectually
2. theoretical: based on general principles or theories rather than on specific instances
  • abstract arguments

  • 3. arts nonrepresentational: not aiming to depict an object but composed with the focus on internal structure and form

    Have a great New Year


    ----Praise Sharp

    No comments:

    Post a Comment