About Me

My photo
I'm a student at Indiana Bible college. I have a driven passion and determination for the Gosple and academics. Words that describe me: Unique, random, brainaic, intense, stubborn, otter, book worm, dictionary Homo Sapien, funny, awkward, unintentionally hilarious, impatient, studious, intuitive, poetic, thinker, philosopher.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Absolute Confusion

Have you ever been confused?

I'm not talking about forgetting where you put your keys, or being in an awkward situation. I'm talking about the confusion where you feel lost, discombobulated, and puzzled.



For the past 3 days my mind has been trying to wrap its hands around a problem.
This problem is covered in grease.....I can't get a grip on it.

Its like I'm standing in the middle of a dark forest without a compass...I can sense the presence of wild animals, smell the pine trees and hear the sound of someone approaching.



Every time I turn around I see nothing.....but I hear the approach every time, I know someone's there, but every time I turn to see who it is, they disappear.

I run blindly in circles, trying to find this person, some times I cry out, "Where are you?" No one answers me.



I finally drop to my knees in exhaustion and confusion. Confusion. Such an appropiate word. It came from the late 13c English, "overthrow, ruin," "mental perplexity"



Confusion causes your mind to shift, shake and run about in crisscrossed directions. You don't know where you stand. You don't know here you're going. You don't have hardly any idea what you're doing.......



Eventuallly, you find yourself a sanctuary, a hiding place.....somewhere you can feel safe, secure and hidden.



Then some one comes along and asks the million doallar question, "Why are you hiding?"
You wonder how they found you in the first place because you planned out your escape carefully. Were they seeking you the whole time?



After all the confusion, you have nothing left to do but hide yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment